Saturday, December 27, 2008

Improvisation and compromise....two of my favorite words....

Improvisation and compromise....two of my favorite words. I think these two words are the key to happiness for a mommy. Sometimes, admittedly I have trouble adhering to them because I am a bit (ok, a lot) of a control freak. This year, we were suppose to go to Eye-Dee-Hoe to spend Christmas with my folks, but due to the snow we had to IMPROVISE AND COMPROMISE. We figured if the weather was bad here, it would be REALLY bad there. I think the last count I got from my mom was around 4 feet, so even though we wanted to go.....we're glad we didn't.
Our evening started out at home opening presents, and then we were off to G'pa and G'ma VK's house for a night of fun and family time. It is always fun to spend time with them, too and the kids look forward to seeing all of their aunties, uncles, and cousins. Hopefully next year we'll be able to spend a Christmas w/my folks, but I think they should come here! My folks can IMPROVISE AND COMPROMISE:)....love ya, mom!
Here are some pictures of the kids opening presents at home.....
Ok, so I guess this present was a hit w/Miss M.
Miss M. before she opened the package

Mr. J. with his remote control car.

Oh what could it be?
Yay...clothes!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

HA HA! I love Maddy's expression in the first picture!

Rachael said...

I still need to know what your daughter got...looks like something she was very excited about :)

McJason's said...

it was a hit!!!