Friday, May 1, 2009

Prayer request....

Unless you have been living under a rock, you are probably aware of the swine flu. Obviously it is a serious problem, however my PERSONAL opinion is that the news media is going a little overboard. I realize that WHO, CDC, and local health officials need to be vigilant when such things happen, and I am not minimalising the need for cooperation as countries scramble to isolate suspected cases. However, from a very selfish perspective (I admit it!) I am sickened every time I turn on the television and see more coverage.


You may be asking why I am even bringing all of this up. Well, here goes.....



We learned this week that international travel for adoption may be halted until health officials are confident the pandemic is under control. Here comes the selfish part.....we were expecting our travel dates soon (in the next few weeks) for Miss A', and now it seems like we may have another minor delay in bringing our sweet baby girl home.



Hopefully I am not coming across as callous, but I'm just being honest. I pray that those affected by Swine Flu will be healed quickly, and that they do not suffer. I know that it is obviously better to error on the side of caution and not spread the disease thru intl' travel, but I find it interesting that only intl' adoptive travel would be halted, and the borders would remain open for everyone else....like adoptive parents are the only ones that would carry the flu:(. Come on....crazy!



Anyway, please pray for continued patience for me as I am about to loose my mind! Just kidding, of course. I'm being overly dramatic:).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that the whole pandemic scare goes away real quick now. It's not on my Fox News Home page anymore. Just in Mexico still?? I don't know. But hang in there. She'll be home in your beautiful home with your sweet family before too long. I know, easy for me to say, right?

And no, your not being callous or selfish!!!

amy said...

That sucks!

Yes, we will pray!

Come home soon Miss A!