Monday, August 31, 2009

First day of school...

Miss M. catchin' up w/some friends.
Miss M. sitting at her desk. Bri, my beautiful niece is off to the left of the picture. She accompanied me this morning and was a huge help w/getting the little tikes out of the car. Thank you, B'.
Mr. J. and his sweet teacher, Mrs. V'. He seemed happy to be back.

Miss M. and Mr. J. started school today. It was a little hard for mommy (aka. me!) to get up and get going this morning. Allow me to elaborate...... I get up fairly early, but I enjoy reading the paper and drinking my coffee at my own leisure. I like to make breakfast, enjoy it with my family, and then take my time cleaning up the dishes. I enjoy catching up on the morning news, throwing some laundry in the washing machine, and getting beds made. I enjoy going for my morning run, or riding my elliptical machine. I enjoy being productive, albeit comfortable in my bright pink chenille bathrobe. I should be embarrassed to say that outloud, but I am not. My bathrobe is my best friend and sometimes I would say that it is my "summer wardrobe." There, I said it. I love my bathrobe. Gotta problem with that? Huh, huh? :) Can you tell I'm feeling a bit spunky today?
I'm looking forward to being back into a routine, and I guess I'm going to have to put my beautiful bathrobe away for another 9 months until school dismisses again for the summer. I will miss it!

1 comment:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Ah, yes, the robe. I do so love to take my time in the morning, too. But...after I started schooling the kids morning stopped being so leisurely. Sigh.

Your kids are precious. I hope they had fantastic days at school. And Ms. A...wow...she's really changing!