Monday, December 14, 2009

Thanksgiving, a little late....

Part of the North Pole.
J', D', Syd, and M' on the boat deck.

Very blury, but it was beautiful!
G'pa and D' making there way down to the boat.

Our "cruise ship."

How many hands does it take to fix a snowmobile?? I'm happy to report that they got it running again. :)

G'pa took the g-kids on all kinds of 4 wheeler rides thru the woods of North Idaho. Here, M' and Cousin Syd are not so patiently waiting for yet another one. (Not to worry Uncle Jon.....they still love your 4 wheeler, too!)

Fireworks show on Lake Coeur D' Alene.
This year, we were able to make it over to Idaho for Thanksgiving. This is the first year that we have gone for a "holiday getaway" since my parents big move a few years ago. My mom and dad were thrilled to spend a few days w/the g-kids and had all kinds of fun activities planned. The first day, we spent at my sister and brother-in-laws house. My sister prepared a FANTASTIC holiday spread!! Yummo! On Friday, my mom and dad took us all to a Christmas parade and firework show near their home. Beautiful! I wish my camera took better pics at night b/c these don't do it any justice. On Saturday, my folks took us all on a Christmas cruise around Lake Coeur D' Alene. It was "Santa"themed, and when we finally arrived at our final destination (the North Pole), Santa called out the kids by name and welcomed them. They were completely floored!

We are incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family on both sides. Thank you, Mom and Dad Smith and Mom and Dad VK for being such amazing parents and grandparents. We love you!

1 comment:

redmaryjanes said...

Hi there! Shirlee sent me your blog info. I am Kimberley and I was in your travel group with my family and our daughter Sophia. There are tears in my eyes! I cannot believe little A is walking!!!!!
I thought of you often and wondered how you were doing.
Merry Christmas to you! God Bless! And Congrats on your new little one on the way :)