Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ah....the little things.....

Remember when you were a child, and you received the only gift that you ever desired (desired at the time....remember you were a child and you desired something different every day)? Exhilaration, excitement, happiness, etc. Normally, I would never advocate such covetousness (hehe) as an adult, BUT......

Well, I had the same feeling this morning. I have been desiring a dishwasher for quite some time, but hubs wasn't too keen on installing one in our nearly 100 year old house. He claimed that it would take away from the "charm" of the house. In other words....he just didn't want to deal with the mess, fuss, etc. UM....HELLO.....please feel free to farm 1000+acres w/a draft horse, and then we'll talk about "charm," darlin'.

Well, after child #5 arrived I think that he realized just how much time was involved in washing all of the dishes (especially since his mother-in-law was here for a week reminding him constantly.....love my momma!). He finally gave me the green light this morning, and guess who didn't have to be told twice? I dropped A' off at school, and D', Princess L', and I high-tailed it to Sears to pick one out. Thank you hubs for finally agreeing (I mean caving) to it! I can't wait to run my first set of dishes thru it. :)

Here it is........SO EXCITED!!!!!


5 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Yay for dishwashers!

Michelle - Blessed Mom of 5 said...

Yay! I can't believe you've gone this long without one! Hope it gives you little more time to spend with your family:)

Catherine said...

HA HA-farm 1000 acres with a draft horse-good one!!! SO glad you finally got that dishwasher!!

Teresa said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you, you deserve it!
Good job Jason!

Steve, Melinda and family said...

Nice, glad that you finally got one. :)