Sunday, October 31, 2010

Par-tae!.....

Candy hunting.


The cutest knight on the planet!

Did someone call for a fireman?

Eek!  It's a pirate.

Yup, even Aunt Amanda participated in the sack races. :)

J'man enjoying the sack race.

The "big boys".

Donut bobbing.

Dunk winding up for pin the stem on the pumpkin, while sweet M' watches.

Uncle T' after bobbing for apples.



Dunk racing for the finish line.

Dunk and Darlin' D.  Dunk was a ninja, and D' was....um.....not sure.  He came up w/this "look" on his own.  He sported his Chinese jammies, a light saber, and Chinese hat.  I like to call it his "signature look." :)


Call me crazy, but I thought it would be a splendid idea to have all of the little cousins over for a harvest party on Saturday.  If I counted correctly, I think there were 21 kids there.....17 who were under the age of 5 (give, or take 1, or 2).  It looks far more intimidating when writing that! : )  I think they all had a fun time because most of them were either sweatin' like crazy from running around the "track" upstairs, or smiling from ear to ear while eagerly awaiting Auntie S's "low budget" game time.  We had sack races, bobbing for apples, bobbing for donuts, pin the stem on the pumpkin, "who's your mummy?", candy find, and some free play.  I am NOT creative, but I have learned over the years that kids really don't care what they are doing as long as the reward of candy, or a treat is offered.  The weather cooperated (no rain), too.  Thanks to all who came!  Auntie S' had just as much fun as the kids did!

2 comments:

kgetzinger32 said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! I LOVE D's outfit. So cute!!!

Catherine said...

Thanks for the fun party Shelby!!! The kids had a GREAT time (and Owen was in his happy place with all the toy tractors:).