Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh this girl.....



Oh how I love this girl.  I can't believe how quickly time is passing me by.  She will soon be 12, and it still seems like yesterday that I was chasing her toddlin' little body around the house.  She is growing up.  She is starting to want to expand her wings, and I sometimes find it hard to digest. 

A few days ago, she called from school and asked if she could stay after to watch a basketball game with her friends.  I quickly responded, "Fun!  What time should I be there?"  In a sweet voice she replied, "um....mom....can I stay by myself?"  Eek......I am not ready for you to be by yourself yet, dear girl.  Please stay young forever.  And, just FYI....she did stay, and I did survive.

2 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

How time flies!!! I love the pictures (esp. the one of you and her together) and the post. I was starting to think your computer was down... or maybe that you have five busy kids or something!:)

Theresa said...

Oh this is so sweet! How I love dear M too and her great personality. She'll always be a special little girl in my heart from the time you guys lived next to me and she would come over to get gumballs:) She's growing up to be such a beautiful young lady!