Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A room for Miss A.

Anyway, onto Miss A.'s bedroom....
A few weeks ago, my sister called and said that she had a customer that asked if she knew anyone who was in need of a crib. She called to check in with me, and of course I accepted. I am a sucker for free stuff! I was expecting it to be more than gently used b/c it was free, but was shocked when I showed up and saw it. It was in beautiful condition with hardly any wear and tear marks.
I had already outfitted a bed for Miss A., painted the walls, hung chair railing, and made curtains, but the crib inspired me to sew some more, and sew I did! With the help of one savy decorator (aka. Miss M.), we sewed to our hearts content. Miss M. is very opinionated when it comes to all things Miss A., and she has very specific likes and dislikes with color, texture, design, etc. I basically followed her around the fabric store while she pointed out what fabrics to use. Mommy doesn't like to brag (ok...yes I do!) but I think she may have a calling in the interior design field. The "baby" wing. Miss A. on the left, and Darling D. on the right.
Miss A.'s bed made with love by Miss M. and mommy (Mr. J., Darling D. and daddy supervised.) All that is missing is Miss A.

Auntie C. surprised us and made these adorable pictures for Miss A.'s room. They fit in perfectly with our ladybug theme.



Miss A.'s bed again. I don't have her whole room in the picture yet b/c I still have to move some things out that are not Miss A. related (ie. a desk, a file cabinet, etc.)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I am sooo impressed Shelby! The room looks great. I'll have to stop by one of these days to see it in person :)

Unknown said...

The room is so adorable! I love it!