Tuesday, January 6, 2009

D'...mommy's little coffee drinkin' buddy....

I am a huge fan of a great cup of coffee, as is my husband (even though he likes his a little "fluffier" than mine). I am almost embarrassed to admit that we're willing to spend what some would spend on a fast food meal in order to satisfy our cravings. Our kids will delightfully yell, "look mom, it's a St@rbucks" whenever we drive by one. "Oh help...what have I started," is often my response:). The two oldest kids are not huge fans of my favorite beverage, but I have discovered that D' shares the same excitement as mommy and daddy to see a St@rbucks. He can often be found slurping mommy's coffee when I'm not looking and then remarks to me, "dwishous!" Funny!! His favorite drink is a mocha with whip cream (actually, just chocolate milk, but he's two and insists on doing everything himself...even ordering).

A few years ago, in order to save time and money, we purchased a lovely espresso machine that is probably our single most used appliance. D' often watches mommy make drinks and knows the "ins and outs" of what I need to do in order to perk the perfect cup. So, a funny thing happened today while I was making my drink. He was sitting next to me munching on the cookies that he and daddy made last night. He looked up at me while still chewing and said, "these great with coffee, mom. D' needs some coffee, too." Yes, D'-they are great with coffee:).

No comments: