Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well...its official (again)

After nearly 17 months, we are "officially" a family. Today, we met before a judge in our county's superior court, and he declared that D' is now officially ours. Hmmm, I think we already knew that, but it's nice to hear it again, I suppose. The only purpose of doing it was to get a state issued birth certificate, as far as I know. Now, whenever we are asked to provide it, I don't have to go into a long dissertation with the requester about his life history and dig up every piece of adoption related paperwork that I have. It will also list J' and I as his parents which is going to be great for him when he gets older. I wish that I would have snapped a few pictures of him today, but instead I will post a few "gotcha" photos of him on the day that we were forever united. Enjoy.... D' on the way back to the hotel after we were united with him.
D' playing with his Daddy for the first time.
D' and Daddy back at the hotel after "gotcha."
The first time I held my sweet baby boy.
The first time I saw our little Darling D'. He is with his nanny in this picture.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

AWWWW...thanks for those cute pictures!!! I love the one of D. sleeping in your lap, grasping the container of 'stars' (reminds me of Owie:)

Karen said...

Congratulations. Those pictures are so precious! I can't believe how little he was when you "gotcha" him :)Hope you are having a good week.

Rachael said...

What sweet pictures. You two are amazing parents!

amy said...

These are really great pictures.
Happy with you that all the "paper" not states the facts of who belongs with whom!

Teresa said...

That's so sweet , it makes want to cry

Jeff, Allison & Ryan said...

Love that first picture of you holding him while he is sleeping. Almost made me teary eyed... never thought I'd be such an emotional person- it's that becoming a mommy thing, it'll do it to ya everytime! :) Talk to you soon!