Monday, February 2, 2009

We're back.....

After nearly two and a half years of prodding, I convinced my hubby that it was time to take a few days off and head over to see my parents. For those of you who know my husband, this is not an easy task. He is "married" to his job, and rarely leaves. He says it takes too much work to leave, and when he gets back....too much work to get caught up again. The only time he thinks of taking a few days off are 1. for birth/adoption related events, or 2. medically necessary appointments. He will occasionally take a few hours off in the afternoon to spend with the family, but consecutive days off do not happen very often. I'm not complaining...just stating the facts folks. I actually admire his dedication and work ethic. His mommy and daddy taught him well:).

Anyhoo, we traveled over to my parents house for a few days of fun and relaxation. We had a lot to celebrate, too. Miss M. turned 10 (yikes....I have a double digit child!), and my own mommy turned 21 again:). We also did a very belated Christmas party which, of course was a blast! It always makes me giggle to watch my dad open presents. He is just like a child....smiles the entire time, rips the paper in haste, and proudly displays his gifts. I love my dad b/c. he's just a big kid at heart! My mom, as usual, put on one lovely party. I hate to brag, but there is NOTHING like my mom's cooking. I think all we did was eat and drink coffee while we were there. I will spend the rest of the week "detoxing" from all of the yummy treats that she made. So a HUGE thank you to my parents for hosting us for a few days. We had a great time!

As an added bonus, on the way home we were able to stop and see Mr. J., Sr.'s brother, sister-in-law, and our cutie pie nephew that live a few hours away. It is always fun to visit w/them. Thank you M', R', and Austie for the hospitality. We can't wait to meet the newest little VK soon. . . .so excited for you guys! (if you missed the hints....they are expecting baby #2 in May:).

As soon as I find my camera cord, I will download some pics of the trip.

No comments: