Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm a proud auntie!

Ok....so I need to do a little braggin'. This article is about my niece:). The story is from their local newspaper (I changed some of the article for privacy reason's...mainly the name of the town, my niece's name, etc, but locals will know what college I'm talking about:).....

Here's a "key" before you begin: B', or W', or BW' is my niece

Coach M-coach of college team

B & D W'-my brother-in-law and sister (bw's parents)



W' scholarship for soccerPosted: Thursday, Apr 23, 2009 - 11:37:02 am CDT Staff Write

BFHS senior BW' has accepted a two-year soccer scholarship to play for SVC. The scholarship pays for all three quarters and includes $1,000, which according to Cardinals soccer coach M', which is about as much as a junior college can offer.The daughter of B' and D W', has been playing soccer since she was 4-years-old. BW' made the varsity soccer team as a freshman and played four years.
BW', who played left striker, was being recruited by NIC when she got a phone call from Coach M'. “My aunt used to work with Coach M' and she ran into him at a store in WA'. During their conversation my aunt told him about my soccer playing,” BW' said. According to BW', Coach M' researched her record and talked to some people in Idaho who knew about her talent. Impressed, he immediately sent her a letter of intent. BW' helped her team get to districts every year and this year, the lady B's made it to state. BW' scored 19 goals and four penalty kicks for the season.“I was invited to play in MV with the SVC team and I got the letter of intent before I played with the team,” BW' said.“I feel very excited for her to come here and she came highly recommended by her coach,” said Coach M'. “Her mother (my sister!) is from the area and was on the first girls’ soccer team at SHS. So you can say that B' is somewhat of a legacy.” Coach M' said he looks forward to working with her HS coach in the future. Coach M' is planning a trip in the fall to Idaho to scout a couple of senior girls.“I will be watching the girls’ team play and scouting out talent,” he said. BW' will take classes in pre-pharmacy and hopes to major in pharmacy at a four-year college.“I am stoked,” she said. “I never thought I would get a scholarship because I live in such a small town, and my parents are excited not to have to pay for college for two years.” BW' will move to MV after graduation

No comments: