Sunday, May 24, 2009

Camping at home???

The tent in our yard.
My beautiful picnic table compliments of my darling husband.

As a kid, I remember spending nearly every weekend exploring the great outdoors. My parents used to pack up the camper, and we'd head out for a few days of campfires, smores, eating food that my mom would NEVER normally buy(think jelly filled powdered doughnuts and chocolate milk for breakfast!), fishing, hunting, bike riding, or just lazing around. We would often meet up with our family friends because everyone knows that the more the better when camping. I thought everyone camped....that is until I met my darling husband:). In his opinion, it is a silly way to spend time when hotels offer the same amenities of home. He figures why would anyone knowingly avoid indoor plumbing, electricity, and a hot shower. I have tried to convert his thinking for almost 13 years now, but he will not budge. So, in order to make me happy, he made me a firepit in our yard a few years ago. Our kids can still enjoy roasting hotdogs over the fire, or licking sticky marshmallow goo off of their fingertips. This weekend, he decided to go one step farther. He made me a beautiful picnic table, and he even set up a tent for the kids. Now, we both have it all.....the kids are enjoying the tent during the day, and he is still getting his hot shower at night. Did I tell you how much I love this man? Ok....I'll say it again. I LOVE THIS MAN!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Ohhhh...maybe we'll just come over to your place for our picnic today!! just kidding...I'm sure you've had enough of us lately:)

julia said...

thats what we did last year bought a tent and camped in the yard haven't had a vaction in years better than nothin and you can sleep in you own bed

Anonymous said...

Cute post!

Anonymous said...

Oh and tell your husband he has some serious wood workin' skillz! Nice table.