Tuesday, June 2, 2009

17 days!

17 days until we are on our way to China. Our plane leaves Seattle on Friday, June 19th around noon (which incidentally is A's birthday...well, actually her birthday is on the 20th, but it will be the 20th in China:). We have a two hour layover in San Francisco, and then we are off to Shanghai. We stay overnight in Shanghai, and then we fly onto A's province in the afternoon on the 21st. We are suppose to have our "gotcha" moment on the 22nd. We leave China on July 1st around noon, and return on July 1st around noon. You gotta love the time change factor:).

We received our travel visa's last Friday. Last night, we went and had a few more passport pictures taken at Costco because you are required to bring a set with you for the adoption registration in her province. While there, I found the CUTEST ladybug pj's for A' and couldn't resist. Hubs thought they were cute, too and didn't seem to mind me throwing them into the cart:). I still have to print out a bunch of forms to take with us for our consulate appt. in Guangzhou. A's bags are packed (Kathi, you are going to recognize them all in the pictures!). I still need to pick up a few clothing items for my hubs b/c he is lacking in that dept. My parents are scheduled to arrive on the 3rd from Idaho, which I am looking forward to! My dad is an ace at entertaining his grandkids. I'm hoping he teaches them to do the backstroke in the pool:). My mom and I are planning A's welcome home/baptism party for the 5th. I love my mom's party planning skills, plus she is an phenomenal cook. She has the whole menu figured out already. There is no one like my momma:).

I can't believe how fast time is going right now. Before we know it, all of this paperwork will be a distant memory, and all we'll remember is the moment we first saw/held our daughter in person!

3 comments:

julia said...

awesome don't forget if you need to break up the kids we have room

McJason's said...

Julia,
I'm sure M' would love to come over for a sleepover while we're gone. I'll call you:).

Unknown said...

I have a bunch more clothes for you. I will drop them by later this week. I am so excited to see her in your arms. Just the thought makes me tear up. - Kathi