Thursday, August 13, 2009

She is one handy gal to have around....

As most of you already know, my 18 year old niece moved in with us in June. She is going to play soccer at a college nearby, and she wasn't too keen on living in a dorm. I didn't realize how much help she would be to us until she actually moved in. She happily helps out around the house and is always happy to grab a gallon of milk in town at the drop of a hat.

Today, I was feeling a little behind on school shopping and decided to venture out w/all four kiddos in tote. Bri ended up calling to see what we were up to and met up with us. As we were shuffling thru the stores, I think she realized it wasn't going according to plan. D' and J' couldn't seem to keep their hands off of each other and thought it was hilarious to watch mommy's face turn every shade of red with embarrassment (don't worry.....we visited the bathroom for a discussion on appropriate social behavior;). I told B' that it was time for me to wrap it up, and I would try another day. She happily replied, "Why don't I just take Maddy school shopping for you?" Ummm, hello! She made my day! I passed off my list of items, some cash, and they skipped away to Bri's car. M' was all smiles because apparently Bri's taste in clothing is way "cooler" than mine, and how fun is it to hang out with your older cousin? After about 2 hours of power shopping, they returned with bags of clothes. The best part is that Bri shops just as cheap as I do.....CLEARANCE!!!! Seriously, why would someone pay full price for anything, but I'll save that for another day.

M' was happy. D' was happy. J' was happy. A' was happy. I was happy. Oh happy day!

Bri and D'

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happiness...priceless! Yeah! So glad it worked out well for everyone. And what a special time for Maddy. Looking forward to our visit tomorrow :)