Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Only a month......

Walkin' to mommy today. You can view some of her first steps about a month ago in a previous post in November.

Here is Miss A' about one month out of taking her first steps about 6 months post "gotcha" day.....not bad. :) Honestly, when we were forever united w/Miss A' in July my first impression was that she would probably never walk without assistance (for those of you who don't know, her original referral read that she had cerebral palsy and deformed legs) Her legs were so weak with no muscle tone, and they didn't seem to track correctly. She would often lift the same leg twice in a row, throw them into strange configurations when we would "help" her move along, or just drag them behind her while we "drug" her forward.

Lesson learned for mommy (*sigh*....again. I'm not a very good student!). This girl has brought me to tears more times than I care to admit. :)

Practicing her walking w/my niece, B' and I today.

4 comments:

Shirlee McCoy said...

Seriously, this brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift to see her thrive!

You are an amazing mother, and she is an amazing kid.

redmaryjanes said...

I have the biggest smile on my face. I just am so surprised and happy. Your daughter has stayed with me more than any of the others I met in China. I tell people about her and her amazing family. I will never forget seeing your husband carry her so gently in his arms and looking at her with pure love in his eyes.

julia said...

wow that is so awesome, she can walk great Piper just started too

Shirlee McCoy said...

Just checking in to see how things are going. Hope all is well!