Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve....



This year we brought in the New Year at our favorite place.....home!  We had quite a party, too (well, by kid standards, that is (:).  We started the night off with pizza and root beer floats.  Dunk, my sweet little nephew joined us for a sleepover because his mom and dad had festivities to attend (if I know my sister, she probably sat and worried about Dunk.  Dunk is 5 years old and has only left her side 3......yes, 3 times!  fyi Amanda...he did great!!  He is quite fond of D' and J's bunk beds.  We renamed them "Dunk Beds").  After dinner, we set off some fireworks compliments of Uncle Mark, and they were IMPRESSIVE! ;)  I think that they were the highlight of the night for the kids.  After spending nearly 5 minutes outside watching our festive display of illumination, we retired back to the house (mainly because it was FREEZING!!!! outside) and played a few hours of Wii Dance Party.  The kids conned J', Sr. and I into playing a game, but it just reminded me of why I don't dance.  Can you say "two left feet?"  I DID however have fun, and the kids thought it was hilarious (I'm sure we were a sight for sore eyes).   Dunk was the king of the game. I think my nephew may be double-jointed because I have never seen a kiddo shake his little hips quite the same way as Dunk.  Anyhoo, after a rousing night of fun we retired for the evening (around 10:00....we are a wild bunch down here).  L', however decided it would be fun for her to "bring in the New Year" and woke up for a little snack at 12:00 (girl likes a good party).  All in all good times were had.

Wishing you all many blessings in 2011!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great post, Shelby!! Sounds like a very fun New Year's Eve. And, I love that Leah woke up to ring in the new year...party girl :)