Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An "official" update.....WOOHOO!

About a week, or so ago I had a "meltdown" and felt like I was reaching my breaking point waiting for Miss A. It has been almost a year since we first saw her sweet face, and I am only human:). Let's just say I am starting to feel like an overdue elephant w/our paper "pregnancy." Even though we were getting information from the missionary which I am extremely grateful for (wonderfully kind hearted person!), they still weren't "official" Chinese updates from the adoptive affairs department. We kind of already knew that "official" ones are hard to get, and normally you are only provided with one (which we received in September.) I thought it couldn't hurt to ask, so I requested one from our agency. I kept checking my e-mail every 2-3 hours per day, everyday. With each passing day, I thought our chances were dwindling on hearing back. Much to my surprise, today was the day! China reports that Miss A. is a whopping 22 pounds (ok...not so whopping...she's actually quite petite for her age), and she is just shy of 3 ft. She is verbalizing now, sits up, and stands....so excited!! She just switched over to a solid food diet (please keep in mind that the orphanages do the best that they can, but their resources are very limited. these kiddo's are given the best care that they can provide.) All in all, it was a very positive update, and we are so thankful to know that our little peanut is doing well. Now.....if only mommy could be so lucky:).

Receiving this update was exactly what I needed to get me on my feet again. God knows exactly what we need in life....even the little things:).

3 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so awesome, Shelby! God's timing is always perfect!!

julia said...

yeah I'm excited for you guys Julia

kgetzinger said...

What a tiny little peanut.