Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I can't believe it is finally happening!

We are now less than 72 hours until we leave. I have had several moments of breathlessness in the past week, or so. I feel completely overwhelmed at times. I also have moments of complete calm. The only thing that is really bugging me at this point is the thought of leaving our other kids at home, but adoption travel is kind of like labor. You don't want to do it, but you know that you have to. I know I will forget it all....just like you forget the pain of labor and only focus on the beautiful gift that God has given you.

I am feeling pretty good about the small details. Our bags are pretty well packed (Miss A's have been packed for months!). Tomorrow, I will try to complete all of my last minute errands (ie. packing the kids stuff, laundry, housecleaning, etc.) so that I can enjoy a fun day of rest with the kids on Thursday.

We just received an email from our missionary friend a few minutes ago. The government contacted them to let them know what time A' will leave their care on Monday. She will be picked up by orphanage officials and brought to us the same day, which we are really happy about. We were afraid that she would have to go back to the orphanage for a few days, but that doesn't seem to be the case:). It has to be a bittersweet moment for the foster home. I'm sure they love her very much, and I pray that it won't be too difficult for her caregivers to let her go.

Anyhoo....off to do laundry. My next post will hopefully be a picture of J' and I holding our beautiful daughter:)....stay tuned.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

i'm so excited to finally meet anna!! i hope that all plans come together just right while you're traveling and she'll adjust to you quickly:) loves - theresa

kgetzinger said...

We are praying that God will prepare her little heart to accept your love quickly. Have a wonderful trip. If you need anything I am only an email away. ((HUGS)) - Kathi

Rachael said...

Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear the news that she is in your arms! God bless!

julia said...

Wow how exciting I'm sure your just sleeppin like a baby:) not! well hopfully you'll have a relaxing plane ride I'll be praying for your safe return and no complications with paperwork fun fun God bless

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you! I can't wait to hear that you've got her in your arms!!!

adietzman said...

Shelby and Jason,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We want PICTURES!!!!! We are praying for a quick adjustment for our little princess. Please know that we are all here praying and thinking of all of you every minute of every day. I hope that the flight went well and I hope that you were able to get some sleep before you get Anna. Did I mention that all of us want to see PICTURES of you holding that beautiful girl.

Amanda